2014 saw StreamAMG partner with RTÉ and the GAA to deliver GAAGO, a new innovative online streaming solution providing online delivery of live and on-demand GAA games to global audiences.
The premium service allows for one click payments for either a season pass or on a singular match basis. Through the service users had access to both live streaming and video on-demand content, delivered without a handover period from live to VOD using Media Platforms innovative DVR solution.
Games were streamed in high-quality HD and included full commentary, scores, and studio programming as broadcast to audiences in Ireland. Subscribers were able to view the games online on any internet-enabled device including mobile phones, tablet devices and laptops.
This service contained revolutionary enhancements implemented by StreamAMG, including HDS delivery, DVR functionality and the application of Adobe Access DRM. GAAGO production and delivery was serviced from StreamUK’s brand new MediaCityUK “Production Hub”. This was inclusive of N+2 redundant video encoding, redundant feed ingestion, live match production and post-production services.
The GAAGO service was a great success amongst fans of Gaelic Games around the globe with near universal acclaim amongst fans, even catching the eye of Irish comedian Dara O Briain.
2014 GAAGO Stats
– Delivered 49 games, inclusive of All Ireland Championships, Regional Qualifiers and Minor GAA finals.
– Global audience of over 150 countries, with viewers spanning from Sydney to San Francisco.
– 7000 days/163,000 hours of premium content delivered
– 100% uptime and delivery of match content.
– One purpose built production hub in MediaCityUK.
– 50+ StreamAMG staff converted to GAA fans!
View the live site here- www.gaago.ie
Please click here to contact us.
For more information on what Media Platform can offer online video within sport email email@example.com.