Purpose of Role:
Purpose of the role will be to assist in the production of timely, accurate and insightful Management Accounting, and Reporting. Ensure a strong commercial understanding of the business so that all relevant process improvements and cost opportunities can be realised. Understand the areas that will be under your control, to ensure the correct figures are processed and entered into accounts. Be flexible and adaptable to change, new processes and Business Intelligence as the business continues along its merger integration path.
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts including posting accruals and
prepayments, ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and in a timely manner.
• Production of monthly variance analysis.
• Assist in the preparation of annual budget figures, working alongside the Finance Manager to
create, review and upload annual budgets.
• Preparation of quarterly VAT returns for Finance Manager review.
• Completing government mandated survey forms when required.
• Process and upload various weekly and periodic journals
• Assist in collation of audit files and audit deliverables for year-end audit.
• Support the Finance Team with ad-hoc requests as required
Specialist skills and experience
• 1-2 years’ experience working within a Finance team ideally in a high-volume environment
• Excellent numeracy and proficient user of Excel (look ups, pivot tables, sumifs) – essential
• Experience of management accounting and reporting processes
• Experience of budgeting, planning and forecasting
• Experience in using accounting package Agresso/Unit4 – preferable
Competencies / Behaviours
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate and lead effectively at all levels
• Ability to deliver continuously to tight timelines
• Proactive and tenacious with a history of achievement
• Ability to develop and manage relationships effectively across the business
• Strong demonstrable communication skills (both written and verbal)
To apply for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com