An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Sports System Engineer to join our office in Malta.
• To ensure that the company’s Linux infrastructure is running at its optimum and all incidents, problems and
service requests are responded to in an efficient manner without negatively impacting SLA’s and reporting
metrics in place
• Provide operational support to the Linux environment including Linux backup/restores, daily checks,
maintenance tasks and building new systems and applying service packs. Manage and escalate problems as
• Report monthly on the Linux Team deliverables and performance levels through incidents, changes and requests.
• Upgrade or maintain software at a time when the impact to the business is minimised. Execute the failover for
the Linux and application services as required.
• Participate in regular Disaster Recovery testing activities.
• Create, maintain and review operational process and support documentation.
• Create, maintain and review design documentation.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
• Strong technical understanding of high availability web hosting
• Knowledge in Linux (RHEL/CentOS)
• Knowledge in LAMP stack
• VMWare ESX
Experience on any of the following would be an asset:
• Networking (WAN/LAN configurations, PFSense, Cisco)
• Amazon Web Services Cloud
Skills and special aptitudes
• Team working
• A ‘can do’ attitude
• Ability to manage a variety of projects
• Methodical and high attention to detail
• Ability to create clear, concise documentation
• Excellent communicator
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com